Friday, July 1, 2011

Crusader City






Even though I had to go alone, I decided to forge on to the Crusader Capitol and ancient city of Acre. The city is incredibly layered with being one of the oldest continiously inhabited cities in the world. At nearly 3,600 years old it has seen rulers ranging from Egypt, King Solomon, Phoenicia, Greek, Roman, Crusader, Armenia, Ottomans, & the Brits. The city also built up huge walls, put cannons all over the place and gave Napoleon one of his first losses. It contains halls from the crusader era, a Ottoman fort, beautiful walls and some of the best food I had in Israel. I met a lot of locals who were the friendliest people I've met. Amazing.

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Rachel aka D-Day said...

so cooool. I didn't even know this city existed...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home