Friday, July 1, 2011

Holy City






After a crazy night of driving through the most confusing streets and a frantic search for a hotel room, we arrived in Jerusalem. The city is huge but the old city of the days of Mohammad, Jesus and the Original Temple is much smaller. The problem is the city is warren of tourist traps and cheap knockoff garbage (glow in the dark virgin marys for sale for instance). I saw the Church of the Holy Sepulchre where Jesus was crucified and saw the stone that cracked following his death. The church was really gaudy and I found it unfullfilling. Next was the wailing wall where I donned my yarmulke and left prayers for everybody who reads this blog as well as some other prayers there too. But the city wasn't done with me, probably the most impressive site is the Dome of the Rock. I was very impressed with that. Following an exhausting day I had my second best shawarma and scooted back to Tel Aviv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home