Monday, August 22, 2011

Final Night






Thinking I had to be on the plane the next morning at 12 noon, I returned to Tel Aviv. At the border to the West Bank, I was detained by probably the hottest 5 female soldiers I have ever seen. They took part of my car apart, grilled me on various questions, reviewed my passport multiple times all the while I was checking them out (as best one does with women wearing combat uniforms). The entire time we had stayed in Tel Aviv, we had barely found hostels for $100 dollars. All of a sudden I found a beautiful hotel for $100 with huge rooms and my own bathroom. Granted it was for deeply spiritual Jews but I just didn't go to to the free services they had each night. Later on I walked to the beach for a gorgeous sunset. Now comes the twist, Orbitz gives notices 4 hours before you flight leaves. At 8 pm that night, I get a text saying my flight leaves in 4 hours. Plenty of time but I was out with some random Israelis and kinda tipsy. I made it to the flight for an epic journey home (I had a whole row to myself). I met up with Megan in the early morning for a few hours in New York where we had mimosas at 7:00am then wandered throughout a parade going on. It was glorious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home