Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Leg 30 (Part 3) - Sept 22- Brownlee Reservoir, ID

The day started out so well, we enjoyed a baseball game on the radio as we drove into steep, beautiful cliffs on a winding road.  I was really enjoying the scenery when the road broke over the Brownlee Reservoir.  We were driving along a road next to at least 150 foot drop so I was taking it very slow, very freaked out and very careful.  Just after passing the only sign of human habitation (a campground and rest stop), the car started to shimmy so we turned around to the rest stop where I attempted to look over the wiring changes I had made to modify the car for towing (thinking I had screwed something up).  When I went to start the vehicle, I pushed in the clutch pedal as I always do but the vehicle kept saying "push clutch to start".  No amount of finagling could get the car to start so Dallas found the only working payphone I've seen in about 10 years and called AAA.  The 4 of us waited at the rest area for 2.5 hours (as we were in the middle of nowhere) eating crackers, attempting to fix it, screaming at spiders (only EP), hiding from thunderstorms, or listening to angry conservatives on our hand-crank radio.  EP, Sasha and I did go visit the water's edge were we talked to Dad and put some of his ashes in the river.  Following our towing back to the Bounder, we breathed a sigh of relief and prepared for our next adventure. 
EP at water's edge



Storm's Coming

Non starting car and PAYPHONE IN BACKGROUND!!!!



View from the Bounder that eve

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home