Thursday, October 28, 2021

Leg 43- Oct 21- ARCHES National Park, UT

On the way up to delicate arch
I did not understand what the power of Arches was, and so many people tried to tell me, until I got there.  The almighty Gaia of it grabs you and pulls your spirit.  We pushed to do the hike to Delicate Arch.  It said there were climbs over slickrock and heights so we figured after some spooky bits on the way up, we had done it.  Ohhhh no way, by the end we were terrified as we crawled on hands and knees next to (for us) terror filled heights.  The cliff seems so sheer and the pathway was not wide.  I really wanted to go out to the arch itself.  A wonderful stranger named Liz offered to hold my hand and walk me out to the arch itself.  I was so proud of myself and absolutely exhausted by that point.  We hiked down then had enough stamina left for sunset at Landscape Arch.  It was a magical day, the sheer number of sights to see is astounding. 


Me, after my terrified scramble


Landscape Arch

 
Dallas and EP on a cliff

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home