Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sorry it has been a while






Bert came charging in on Gchat today noting I had not blogged. There were lots of reasons but one is I broke my Camera. But nevertheless (is that one word?) the blogging must go on.

Mom got Dad and I tickets to the Newseum in Washington D.C. We didn't have that much time and I was very skeptical about how fun this could be (aka none). It turns out I had a ball. In there is not only a whole bunch of Pulitzer prize photos but explanations of them as well if you don't know the back story. An East German guard tower rises from the basement onto the main levels, the spire to the World Trade Center (including photographs taken during the collapse that were fairly recently uncovered), and an ORIGINAL Gutenberg Bible. I just about died of excitement after seeing that. My dad and I have always had a weird fascination with the Unibomber, Teddy Kaczynski, so to see his house was really exciting. Top it all I off was the section of Berlin wall I had made out in front of in 10th grade for my second kissed girl ever. And that is a great memory jogger as well.

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Rachel aka D-Day said...

I have been wanting to go there! looks awesome. also I <3 your mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home