Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tornado Monday



Well finally the day happened that all my coworkers were ribbing me about, my first tornado. As work was coming to a close today the alerts starting going off. Many of us scrambled our cars into shelters and two people immediately head for home. As we were getting ready to close the garage doors the wind kicked up and began a low howl as it passed through powerlines and swept across buildings. My roommate and I took his truck home when the tornado sirens began. We watched the news reports as a tornado touched down about a mile from us. Shortly after it passed, we both climbed on the roof to watch the storm continue to head east.

My friend snapped these two photos. The storm we saw was about the same color but our clouds were much wispier and bigger.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Rachel aka D-Day said...

wowweeee cool pictures.

 
At May 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger goober said...

Holy crap that's crazy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home